Accounting firm in the Middle Georgia area is seeking an experienced governmental auditor to add to a growing governmental auditing department.
- Coordinate the various phases of an engagement with the manager or partner, including staff requirements, locations to be visited, job planning and scheduling, and plan the logistics of the engagement.
- Responsible for larger more complex engagements and may oversee two or more engagements simultaneously.
- Study and evaluate the internal controls used by the client, and prepare or review the audit program and time budget (for approval by the partner)
- Assign work to staff members on the basis of their knowledge and capabilities.
- Follows the progress of the engagement and helps resolve accounting and auditing problems as they arise.
- Pro-actively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Support the training of staff members, offer guidance and direction, and provide constructive criticism of working progress.
- Ensure that assignments are accomplished within the budgeted time.
- Evaluate workpapers for accuracy and completeness and determine whether the audit was performed in accordance with generally accepted standards.
- Review the financial statements for suitability of presentation and adequacy of disclosures.
- Review with the manager or partner any significant audit findings that raise questions involving accounting principles or statement presentation.
- Will represent the firm on many occasions.
- Maintain good working relationships with client management and staff at all levels to perform audit services.
- 3-5 years of experience in external audits (public accounting experience).
- CPA license in Georgia preferred.
- Experience with engagement management, audit and review skills and staff supervision are required.
- Candidate will need to be able to multi task as planning, executing and wrapping up various engagements may have to be performed concurrently.
- Ability to perform research on technical matters prior to submitting for manager review is essential.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and audit preparation software.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
- Demonstrates some proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States (U.S. GAAP), United States Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (U.S. GAAS), Governmental Accounting Standards Board standards and Audits of Federal Funds (Single Audits), emphasizing some understanding – for the respective industry – of business and accounting issues, and the technical accounting and financial reporting standards.
Offering a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.Apply Now