Our current healthcare clientele includes nonprofit and governmental organizations, hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, home health agencies, hospices, physician groups, healthcare management companies, and other ancillary businesses.
McNair, McLemore, Middlebrooks & Co., LLC offers the following healthcare related services:
- Internal control reviews
- Internal audit assistance
- Medicaid and Medicare Cost Reporting
- Evaluation of Third-Party Reimbursement Issues
- Monthly Accounting Services
- Certificate of Need Consultation
- Long Term Strategic Planning Services
- Compensation Evaluation and Planning
- Debt and Equity Financing Strategies
- Computer Consulting and Training
- Quarterly Review of Third-Party Reimbursement
- Training for Financial and Operational Staff
We have provided third-party reimbursement consulting services to healthcare providers throughout the United States. Our objective in providing these services is to assist our clients in maximizing reimbursement by all legitimate means, including the use of computerized cost reporting packages and follow-up during intermediary audits. McNair, McLemore, Middlebrooks & Co., LLC provides cost report services to over 150 clients annually.
Our personnel are trained to formulate a plan and provide consulting services in any specific situation based upon client needs. Because of our broad based clientele and our depth of personnel, we can assist our clients in many areas of consulting. We have represented our clients before various state Medicaid agencies, the Department of Health and Human Services, and various Medicare contractors. We have developed working relationships with these agencies which have helped us obtain answers and information for our clients in a minimum amount of time. These relationships have proven to be valuable resources for our healthcare consultants as well as our clients.
Other healthcare related services that have been provided by members of our firm include
- Documenting healthcare accounting systems
- Examining internal control systems for deficiencies and recommending remediation steps
- Training internal and external auditors with regard to healthcare internal control systems
- Performing risk assessments for healthcare entities
- Providing forensic services supporting legal actions
- Providing fraud prevention services (designing internal control systems)
- Performing fraud related interviews of healthcare personnel
- Developing continuous audit models for hospitals
- Providing healthcare presentations to Georgia and South Carolina Healthcare Finance Management Associations and the Georgia Society of CPAs
- Reviewing hundreds of external healthcare audit reports for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Representing the Georgia Society of CPAs before the Governmental Accounting Standards Board
Our healthcare professionals receive a minimum of 40 hours each year of continuing professional education. We utilize the educational programs of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants and the Healthcare Financial Management Association as well as many expert consultants throughout the United States. Our commitment in providing specialized educational programs to our personnel ensures that our clients receive services from healthcare consultants who are specifically trained for their tasks.
In addition to the annual training our healthcare professionals receive weekly updates on Medicare and Medicaid issues.